Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Call for Annual General Meeting

Dear respected D’Utama Advanced Toastmasters,

Thank you for confirming your attendance at D’Utama Advanced Toastmasters Club’s Annual General Meeting!

On 30 May 2008, we all convened at the Ming Room in Bangsar Shopping Complex to celebrate the term that was, and to usher in a new term. From my memory, it was a remarkable event. In two days, we will again convene to do the same, albeit with a different group of people, yet all with the same heart. I look forward to Friday evening with great anticipation.

And a heavy heart. D’Utama Advanced Toastmasters Club’s Annual General Meeting will mark the inevitable end of my service as your President. I must say, it was an accelerated learning curve for me. At the Installation dinner last August, I said in my speech that I foresaw a bumpy road. I was right. But I sincerely thank God and all who have helped me shave an inch or two off the top of the bumps and make this journey a memorable one.

Please allow me the privilege of thanking you personally on Friday at our 12th Annual General Meeting. 28 members have confirmed their attendance. It will be a great honour for me to have you, and I look forward to seeing you there! For your convenience,

AGM Details

Date: 22 May 2009 (Fri)
Time: 7.00 pm (dinner followed by AGM)
Venue: Oriental Pavilion, Level 1, Jaya 33
Dress Code: Office attire

N.B.: Dinner will be a sit-down affair, serving Chinese food. If you have a special dietary requirement (e.g. vegetarian/vegan, diabetic, etc.), please inform me by Thursday, 21 May 2009 so I may make necessary arrangements.

Thank you & good day!


Best regards,

Deborah Hoe, CTM
President 2008/2009

No comments: